Lake Saiful Muluk is a mountainous lake situated in the Mansehra district, about 8 kilometers from the town of Naran, in Kaghan Valley.
The legendary lake has an air of mystery about it. From a spontaneous stopover to a fully planned vacation, Lake Saiful Muluk will never disappoint you.
Check out the amazing facts and most beautiful pictures of this magical lake!
1. Situated at an altitude of 3,224 meters, it is considered as one of the highest lakes in Pakistan.
2. The lake is flourishing with several species of blue-green algae which is why the lake has a turquoise color.
3. The highest peak in the Kaghan Valley, Malika Parbat, is right across the lake.
4. Saiful Muluk was formed almost 300,000 years ago by glacial rocks that blocked the stream flowing through the valley.
5. The Kaghan Valley was covered in ice. When the temperature rose, glaciers melted and left a huge depression that is now Saiful Muluk.
6. In pictures, the lake always look so calm, but there are occasional landslides, thunderstorms and heavy rains too.
7. You can try activities such as cycling, camping, horseback riding and boating.
8. Boating is a risky business because the depth of the lake hasn’t been measured yet.
9. Camping under the starlit skies surrounded by utter tranquility will be the highlight of your stay.
10. There are several tiny huts and shops near the lake where you can buy food and other necessary items.
11. An aerial view of the lake.
Lake Saiful Muluk is a heavenly place that all Pakistanis should visit at least once in their lifetime.